/ ChTZ stars in a popular TV-show about traveling.
Chelyabinsk tractor plant is the only South Ural industrial company to take part in filming the traveling and cuisine NTV-Channel TV-show starring charming and crazy about Russia John Warren.
The idea of the script belongs to the most famous Chelyabinsk strongman Elbrus Nigmatullin. The protagonist of the episode is the biggest Russian tractor - the T-800, produced on ChTZ. The machine once got into Guinness Book of World Records. Elbrus and his friends tried to pull the tractor on ChTZ plant square, that is usually used for exhibitions. The unique tractor made it there by itself, with ChTZ head of testing department Alexander Chadov pushing the levers. The Ural tough guys were to try and move the 90-ton machine (weight without bulldozer blade). The show was beautiful and entertaining.
While Elbrus watched specialists attach a specially made rope to the tractor and briefed his friends, everybody was waiting for John to arrive. He appeared in a bright ski suit and ear-flapped hat smiling radiantly and instantly drawn everybody's attention. He patiently posed for numerous photos until he was "taken back" from ChTZ employees to discuss a new idea about filming the episode.
- You can take a nap, I'll do everything myself, - said John to strongmen, smiling.
- John, how do find the tractor? - people asked the anchorman about his first impression of the "two-storied" machine.
- Why is it so little? - laughed John. - Well, everybody thinks that I'm a spy. So when I'm at such events, I always make fun that I have to transmit (speaking into an imaginary microphone in his jacket): "Guys, the tractor is enormous, don't even try them! Just give up!"
- John, did you know anything about ChTZ when you were going there?
- No, I prefer not to know anything because it gets spontaneous and somehow emotional, but if I read about it...No, first I'd like o see it. This monster - it's a colossal thing!
- What do you want to do with it?
- We are going to film a little funny episode, but with serious people. And the most powerful man in Russia is going to start it...
According to the script, South Ural athletes were going to try and pull the bulldozer from stand still. And when it turns out that the powers are equal - they would ask ChTZ employees for help.
- We should help Elbrus! - John supported his colleagues, addressing to ChTZ employees, - Join us!
It didn't take long for ChTZ workers to agree. After a couple of takes the necessary material was filmed. Finally - the culmination: the last push, the rope fails. Everyone is winner!
John got into T-800 cabin, where were previously installed cameras. Alexander Chadov told about the supertractor and how to drive it. The Englishman got behind the levers and made a confident lap around the plant square.
- Well it's... huge, - John noted emotionally - Now I understand its purpose. I think there are a lot of places on Earth where it could come in handy. In Yakutia, for example...
- It worked in Yakutia...
- Well I'm not a specialist, but... It's amazing! I love big toys. Actually, boys and men differ only in the size of toys they like.
John knows that during the WW2 Chelyabinsk was considered the tank city. But he didn't know that it were English allies who named ChTZ director at that time "The king of tanks" and even granted him a "Vauxhall" car in 1945.
- That's an interesting story, - agreed John Warren - Many things connect our two countries, my two halves, that's what I know for sure.
- All, that an English man like you says about our country, is touching for us. Have you ever had a need to tell your compatriots about Russia?
- My current show is going to end sooner or later. After it I would like to start another series basing on my current show and take it abroad. I've got a guarantee - the most important thing: I've been living in Russia for 25 years so I'm sure what I'm talking about when I tell Europeans about Russia.
- So how can we change international attitude to Russia?
- I don't know... I get really upset about it because every time there is a good change coming, soon something happens and everything falls apart! They are afraid of something and react inadequately. Now I wish strongly that in New Year all this madness that is going on in this world would stop somehow. I wish everybody health and luck!
Press-service of ChTZ-URALTRAC Ltd.